Beginning Project Management: Project Management Level One
Project Management: Growing a Successful Career as a Project Manager
What you’ll learn
- Compare and contrast the project management process groups
- Explain what a project is (and is not)
- Explain how to initiate a project
- Work with the project team to plan a project
- Oversee the project execution
- Monitor and control the project activities
- Close out a phase or a project
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a successful project manager
- Willingness to learn
- Acknowledgement that we all start somewhere
- Can-do attitude to finish the course
Project management is an exciting place to be. Project managers help shape the success of organizations, implement new technology, change the business landscape, and have influence over all areas of a business. Project managers also earn a nice income and often move up the organizational chain into full-time management positions.
In this course we’ll examine the absolute basics of project management. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? In this fundamental course we will explore the big picture of project management and the project management life cycle. You’ll finish this course with a great grasp of what project management is, what your roles and responsibilities as a project manager will be, and how to move forward in your career as a project manager.
This course is designed for people that are new to project management. This course is structured to give you a solid foundation of project management and to help you speak the project management language. Don’t worry – this course is easy to follow, has a logical approach, and it has a fun, can-do attitude in its delivery.
Projects use processes to move things forward. These processes are universal to all projects regardless of the industry you may work in. These processes are grouped into logical chunks and that’s our primary focus of the course. You’ll learn the major components of the project management lifecycle:
- Initiating the project
- Planning the project
- Executing the project
- Monitoring and controlling the project
- Closing the project
Finally, this course includes several templates you can download and begin using in your projects. I’ll also show you how you can build many of your own project management documents. Let’s get started right now on your project management career.Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners in project management
- People launching their project management career
- Project team members seeking a better understanding of project management
- Don’t take this course if you’re an experienced project manager looking for advanced scientific analysis and philosophies of project management. You’ll be sad.
Created by Joseph Phillips
Last updated 11/2016
Size: 704.16 MB