Create ARFoundation App & TEMPLATE For AR Photo App.
Learn to make an Augmented Reality Furniture placement app & get the template for an AR Photo app like Google stickers.
What you’ll learn
- Learn what ARFoundation is and how it works with ARCore and ARKit
- Learn how to make dynamic Menus that work with AR and non AR projects
- Learn to place AR objects onto a surface using a tap.
- Learn to place AR objects onto a surface using an automatic placement technique
- Learn where to and how to add free high quality models to your project.
- Learn how to add animations to those models
- Learn to link the Model to the AR world and have animations change based on position.
- Learn how to integrate a UI into your project
- You’ll need a basic understanding of Unity and be at least a beginner at using it.
- You need to know what Augmented reality is.
- You’ll need a computer that can run AR, you’ll also need a phone that can run Augmented Reality too.
This is the first AR course of its kind, there are 2 Key parts to this course…
1) First I’m going to teach you how to create a very simple furniture placement app, but thats not all!
2) I’ll also give you the full template code for an actual AR Photo Camera app and teach you how to edit the template and add your own gameobjects aswell.
You can even download a developed app built from that template NOW from the android store, just search “AR Photo Tutorial Satwant” on the Google Play Store.
You’ll be coding in Unity and using Unity’s official ARFoundation package, so the code you write will work on Android & IOS AR devices.
The first part is a simple AR furniture placement course.
1) Create a menu that will display the objects people can place.
2) Learn to automatically place those Gameobjects on the ground.
3) Learn where you can download different Gameobjects for free.
4) Have those Gameobjects automatically rotate towards the camera
5) Additional Videos like hiding the ARPlane and Adding light estimation.
The second part involves editing the template for an actual AR Photo app.
The template allows for
1) Changing the icons and Gameobjects to be anything you want.
2) Rotating objects using fingers.
3) Simple scaling objects with two fingers.
4) Taking a photo of the Augmented Reality image with environment.
5) Adding sound and animating the gameobjects.
Without the ability to drop items to your games, how is the user meant to interact? I’ll make sure you get this fundamental skill under your belt.
So who is this course for? Well, if you have basic knowledge in unity and would like to add AR to your skills whether its developing for AR on Android or IOS, this course is for you.
If you do NOT know the basics of unity, and don’t know how to build or install unity, this course isn’t for you.
The best way to know if this course is right for you, is try out the first few free videos, if you get stuck drop me a line too, I’d be happy to help. If you learn from them and enjoy them, this course is for you!
You will need an AR compatible phone, iPhone or android, I’ve designed the course on an android but the code works for both and I even show you it working on an IOS device.
I’ve even designed some parts of the course to work if you DONT have an AR phone aswell so you can still learn and work in the unity editor. Try out those tutorials for free too 🙂
ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE ARFOUNDATION IS VERY NEW. Unity might decide to change it which is out of my control. If you’ve done programming before then you’re aware of version changes, but I thought I should still warn you, nothing in coding is perfect! 🙂Who this course is for:
- A beginner or intermediate Unity developer who would like to learn how to create AR apps.
- Someone who wants to understand how to create an essential menu they can use for all AR projects going forward.
Created by Satwant Kenth
Last updated 3/2019
Size: 8.23 GB