Create Fast RESTful APIs With Lumen And Homestead By Laravel
Lumen, a micro-framework by Laravel, is the best way for faster RESTful APIs. Create a RESTful API with Lumen/Homestead
What you’ll learn
- Domain the most recent tools for web development
- Use light and agile tools to professional web projects
- Development of high complexity projects, in few time
- Deeper and professional knowledge about web development with PHP
- PHP Programming (basic knowledge its enough)
- Basic OOP knowledge (classes, functions)
Create an agile and fast RESTful API with Lumen from scratch and step-by-step
In this course you are going to learn to develop a professional and fully functional RESTful APIs using Lumen, the micro-framework based on Laravel.
If you are interested on a recent version of Lumen, so you can fin useful my other course titled “Microservices with Lumen: A distributed architecture.”
Lumen is a micro-framework for PHP based on laravel, combining the most highlighted features of laravel in a much lighter and faster version.
Lumen has the best features of Laravel in a more light and quick version, while remaining expressive, intuitive, powerful and especially simple .
With Lumen your API will support at least twelve hundred (1200) requests in a range of 10 seconds with 10 simultaneous requests. This great speed makes it the perfect candidate for implementing a RESTful API in it, and the best, it is completely easy!
Millions of programmers of PHP use Laravel and all of them are agree with the incredible ease and agility that Lumen provides for micro services, including of course, RESTful APIs, so, what are you waiting for? Take it now!
Lumen for PHP have been included new concepts and facilities, similar to Laravel allowing you to create fast, agile but powerful RESTful API easily.
You are going to obtain this specific knoledge and skills during the course:
- Major differences and facilities of Lumen VS Laravel
- Creating a development environment with Homestead
- Interaction with Vagrant virtual machines
- Configure Homestead with Vagrant virtual sites
- Configure and use the code editor Sublime Text 3
- Using PHP artisan for creating code
- Global Middlewares and route middleware
- Create models
- Relationships one to many between models (1: N)
- Relationships many to many between models (N: N)
- Tables intermediary or pivot
- Validation of requests
- Management and control of exceptions and errors
- Migrations (automatic creation of databases)
- Seeds (Automatic Insertion databases)
- Factories , to create test/fake data
- Creating a server OAuth 2
- Generate access_token
- Resource protection with access token
- Restrict access through access token
- Improving framework for production
- Interaction with the database through Eloquent
- Much, much more.
During the course will create a RESTful API from scratch , following the REST architecture and the proper construction of URLs to identify actions and resources using the controllers and routes for resources on Lumen.
Hone the characteristics of your work tools ( Sublime Text 3, Git shell, Lumen, Composer, artisan PHP ) and improve your productivity for development agile.
Learn to develop a local project on Windows with Homestead, how to interact with the virtual machine Vagrant, with the operative system Ubuntu through connection ssh.
You’ll see how to use Lumen through the console PHP artisan to build agile a RESTful API that responds to methods of HTTP ( GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE PATCH ), also populate the database structure and build an automated manner.
It does not end there! Will have access for life for the additional classes that are constantly be adding to the course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to develop your own RESTful API with Lumen and PHP and including micro-services, in a quick and simple way, exploiting the facilities provided by this micro-framework for the proper and adequate implementation of your projects.
Do not wait to be proficient in PHP and RESTful. Join the course and see you in classWho this course is for:
- Who likes programming and web development
- Who want to increase his skills to the next level
- Who are looking for the domain the most recent techniques for web development
- Who wants to be clever on web development with PHP
Created by JuanD MeGon
Last updated 4/2017
Size: 771.56 MB