Game Development/Art : Create A 2D Action Game With Unity/C#
Game development & Game art/animation. Create a 2D top down shooter using Unity 2018, C# and Ps/Gimp.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to sketch and paint 2D game characters.
- Create awesome 2D game animations using Unity.
- Make a player character that can move around an environment and shoot projectiles.
- Program some cool AI behaviors for various enemy game characters using C#.
- Code a customizable enemy wave spawner.
- Make a multi-staged boss fight using state machine behaviors.
- Make multiple weapons and power-ups.
- Learn how to make great main menus and responsive UI.
- Create epic particle systems and sound effects.
- Be able to make an entire game from A to Z using Unity, C# and some 2D application like Ps or Gimp. And then publish that finished product on Itch io, Newgrounds or Gamejolt.
- Have Unity and some 2D application like Ps, Gimp, SketchPad or MS Paint installed on your computer.
- Before starting this course you should understand the basics of Unity. Like saving scenes, navigating the interface, using the three basic manipulation tools (Translate, Rotate and Scale), create prefabs and add and modify components inside of the inspector.
- You should have a strong understanding of the basics of C#, such as creating variables, modifying those and calling functions.
- Have a strong desire to learn, have fun and create awesome games !
In this game development course you’ll learn how to create a commercial quality 2D action game using Unity, C# and a 2D application like Photoshop or Gimp (whatever 2D drawing tool you have installed on your computer).
Here is a list of the key things you will learn by watching this course :
First of all you’ll have a stronger understanding of what it takes to actually finish a game from A to Z in Unity!
You’ll learn how to sketch and paint 2D game characters, then import those creations inside of Unity, rig them and finally make game animations such as run cycles, attack animations, idle animations and more !
Learn how to make a player character than can move around an environment and shoot projectiles by programming in C# !
Create various enemy game characters : a melee monster that runs fast towards the player and leaps at him to attack | A spooky necromancer that summons small, vicious skeletons that chase after the player | a dangerous bat that shoots dark fireballs at the game’s hero !
Understand how to use state machine behaviors to create a multi-stage boss fight in Unity!
Make multiple weapons the player can equip and use against the game’s various foes. As well as a health pickup!
Create cool looking effects using Unity’s particle system and 2D sprites!
Create fun sound effects using Audacity and then implement that inside of your game!
You’ll learn how to make a nice main menu with responsive, animated UI !
Create smooth scene transitions using UI panels and animations!
Publish your finished game to Itch io, Newgrounds or Gamejolt!
Why learn from us?
I and my brother created this course to share our passion for making games and help others bring their unique visions to life!
We’ve been teaching aspiring game developers how to use Unity, code with C# programming language and make game art and animations. Our tutorials have been viewed by thousands and are very popular, every day we get dozens of developers thanking us for helping them out on their own game dev journey!
We’ve not only made tons of tutorials but we’ve also created plenty of games using Unity, both 2D, and 3D!
So we know what it’s like to create a complete, polished experience from A to Z, and really want to equip you with the right tools and knowledge so you can do the same! Who this course is for:
- A beginner/intermediate game developer interested in learning how to create a fun, commercial quality 2D action game from A to Z using Unity and C#.
- This course is also for those curious about programming AI using C#.
- Someone wanting to learn how to draw and animate 2D game characters using a 2D application like Ps or Gimp and Unity.
- This course is NOT for complete beginners having never touched Unity or C#. You should have understood the basics of both Unity and C# if you wish to properly follow along and get the most out of this course.
Created by Noa Calice (aka Blackthornprod)
Last updated 1/2019
Size: 3.30 GB