Naked C#: A Beginner’s Guide To Coding
The bare bones of programming without the bling!
What you’ll learn
- use the fundamental threshold concepts underlying all programming languages to write C# programs.
- take their knowledge of C# and adapt it in a variety of settings that use C# such as robotics, Unity, Visual Studio and Unreal.
- transition from C# to using other programming languages with ease.
- You should be able to use a Windows or Mac machine at a beginner level.
This course will not teach you to become a programmer. Programming is like martial arts, it takes years and years of practice. No course can make you a grand master no matter what it promises. What this course WILL do is give you a solid foundation in programming as a skill for life using C# as the vehicle. You will learn about the fundamental nature of the computer and how to communicate with it through the development of programs to perform a variety of tasks and solve numerous problems. Following the same curriculum used to teach 1st year computer science in university in the first 6 months of a degree, you will learn not just what to program but 1) why it is is done like that and 2) how you can broaden your skill set in programming beyond this single course.
The topics covered include:
- Bits, Bytes and Binary;
- Management and Manipulating Memory;
- Performing Mathematical Operations;
- Designing Dynamic Program Execution with Logic;
- Developing Repetition for Fast Data Processing;
- Handling User Input; and,
- Reading and Writing to Files
The course material has been developed for students using either Windows or Mac computers using the freely available Mono C# compiler. It is well paced covering each concept in bite sized chunks and filled with hands-on workshops that will build projects across a variety of domains. Some of the programs that will be written include:
- a Caesar Cipher for encrypting text;
- a Hangman Game;
- a Number Guessing Game;
- a Chatterbot;
- storing and retrieving names and addresses in a file; and
- reading and processing text from a webpage.
At the end of this course you will be equipped with a toolbox of skills that you can apply in your job and day-to-day life making you more employable and relevant in today’s marketplace.
What students are saying about this course:
- Penny is a really good teacher, this is the kind of C# class I’ve been looking for and it is just right for what I need right now. I would highly recommend it.
- This course has been awesome. I knew virtually nothing about coding, and now I’m halfway thru, loving it, and learning a TON! Great teacher, clear and concise lessons with plenty of opportunity to learn, test code, experiment, and consistent quizzes and challenges. 5/5
- I’m an artist, code was always something that I had the desire to learn but at same time I always thought it was something too complex and boring, until I decide to buy this course and start watching these videos. Everything is very well explained, she teaches really well, straight to the point. Now I’m finding it extremely fun to learn and I’ve been doing the course and watching the videos as if it were a Netflix series. I get excited at every new thing that pops up 😀 I also love when you have to do challenges, it’s like a game, super fun. It is very easy to follow, even if you have zero knowledge in coding, like me when I started. Recommended!
Who this course is for:
- Everyone that wants to code and thoroughly understand what they are typing into the computer.
Created by Penny de Byl, Penny de_Byl
Last updated 12/2018
Size: 1.04 GB