REST API For Beginners – Retrofit And Android
Learn how to build from scratch your own apps based on the GitHub API, StackOverflow API and many more with Android
What you’ll learn
- Execute HTTP calls, using the Retrofit android library
- GET the content of APIs;
- Visualize the content, taken from an API;
- Work with hundreds of APIs;
- Create original apps of their own, based on a server-located content;
- Take the authorization credentials for their applications;
- Work with JSON data
- Please, have your Android environment ready for work!
- We will be using the Android studio all the time. Have it configured.
Have you ever wondered how to GET that server-located content in your app? Do you want to learn how to retrieve and visualize JSON data? Would you want to learn how to work with the Retrofit library in Android? Then this course is for you! Here we will start with a short introduction to the basic terminology – you will get aware of what HTTP, URL, API, RETROFIT, JSON, GET/POST/PUT and DELETE are. All of the explanations I will give you are easy to understand and follow. Then we will build 2 projects from scratch, working with 2 different APIs – the GitHub API and the StackOverflow API, as we are GETting their content. At the end of each section you will know how to continue exploring the API on your own and modify the data for your needs. Then we’ll go further – I’ll show you tens and hundreds more APis you will be able freely to work with. We’ll pass through 3 different authorization processes – with the Instagram API, with the Gmail API and the Wordnik API. After you finish the course, you’ll be able to handle numerous sources, hundreds of APIs and approaches. Are you ready to start?Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for everyone with initial knowledge in Android.
- The course is for everyone who want to learn hot to implement the REST concepts and visualize the content, taken from a server.
- It is NOT for people without any programming experience.
- It is NOT for people who want to learn the basics of android development.
Created by Vyara Georgieva, Denis Buchel
Last updated 10/2017
Size: 460.04 MB