The Modern React Bootcamp (Hooks, Context, Router & More)
Just published! Follow the same curriculum I teach my students in SF. 10+ projects including one HUGE application!
What you’ll learn
- React Hooks! (My favorite part of React!)
- The new Context API
- State management w/ useReducer + use Context (Redux Lite)
- The basics of React (props, state, etc)
- Master React Router
- Build tons of projects, each with a beautiful interface
- React State Management Patterns
- Drag & Drop With React
- Writing dynamically styled-components w/ JSS
- Common React Router Patterns
- Work with tons of libraries and tools
- Integrate UI libraries like Material UI and Bootstrap into your React apps
- React Design Patterns and Strategies
- Learn the ins and outs of JSS!
- Learn how to easily use React to build responsive apps
- Add complex animations to React to projects
- Debug and Fix buggy React code
- Optimize React components
- Integrate React with APIs
- Learn the basics of Webpack in a free mini-course!
- DOM events in React
- Forms and complex validations in React
- Using Context API w/ Hooks
Welcome to the best online resource for learning React! Published on April 2019, this course is brand new and covers the latest in React. This course follows the exact same React curriculum my in-person Bootcamp students follow in San Francisco, where students have gone on to get jobs at places like Google, Apple, Pinterest, & Linkedin. This is the most polished React course online, and it’s the only course that is based on REAL Bootcamp curriculum that has been tried and tested in the classroom.
This course builds up concepts one at a time, cementing each new topic with an expertly designed exercise or project to test your knowledge. It includes a huge variety of beautiful exercises, projects, and games that we create together from scratch. Sometimes we mix things up and give you a broken React app and ask you to fix it or optimize the code. Check out the promo video to see a couple of the course exercises. The course culminates in one huge capstone project, which is the largest project I’ve ever built for any of my online courses. I’m really excited about it 🙂
If you’re new to frameworks, React is the ideal first framework to learn. It’s easy enough to learn the basics, but it doesn’t teach you bad habits. Even if you’ve already enrolled in another React course, this course is worth your time for the exercises and projects alone! This curriculum is the product of two years of development and iteration in the bootcamp classroom. All the lectures, exercises, and projects have been tweaked and improved based on real student feedback. You won’t find anything else online as structured and polished as this course.
- Learn React, from the very basics up to advanced topics like React Router, Higher-Order Components and Hooks and the Context API.
- Build one massive capstone application, complete with drag & drop, animations, route transitions, complex form validations, and more.
- Learn the latest in React, including Hooks (my favorite part of React!). We build a complete app using Hooks, including multiple custom hooks.
- Learn state management using the use context and useReducer hooks, to mimic some of the functionality of Redux.
- You get tons of detailed handouts and cheat sheets that you can refer back to whenever you need to. Think of this as a React textbook you can study at any point if you get tired of videos.
What you get:
- 250+ videos
- Slick, interactive slide decks custom made for each section
- Detailed handouts and cheatsheets, the React “textbook”.
- Dozens of exercises, projects, and quizzes.
- One massive code-along project with nearly 20 different React components.
- Free Webpack Mini-Course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone brand new to React or front-end frameworks in general
- Anyone who wants to build a portfolio of stunning React apps
- Students struggling to learn React or looking for more practice
- Anyone who wants to level up their developer skills and learn a highly in-demand skill!
Created by Colt Steele
Last updated 5/2019
Size: 21.75 GB